Fire Truck Drive By Celebrations
The Cherrydale Volunteer Fire Department is happy to offer a fire truck drive by celebration for birthdays and other important occasions. We are focusing on children’s birthdays, but are happy to consider unusually celebratory occasions for adults as well. Please read through the information on this page and complete the request form to request a drive by celebration. A member of our team will get back to you to finalize arrangements.
- We are happy to offer drive by celebrations 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM on weekends. We are currently planning to continue this service through August, depending on ongoing interest and the coronavirus situation.
- We may not be able to honor all requests. You are welcome to provide up to three choices of dates and time windows to help maximize the chances that we can fulfill your request.
- We are not able to participate in vehicle caravans and parades. In order to maximize the number of requests that we can fulfill and because we cannot guarantee scheduling, we are not able to fulfill requests for caravans and parades at this time.
- We may not be able to honor specific time requests. In order to honor as many requests as possible, we are planning routes that allow us to minimize driving distances between stops on our morning and afternoon runs.
- All scheduling is dependent on volunteer driver and crew availability. We are a 100% volunteer fire department and our members have other responsibilities.
- We are only able to provide drive by celebrations in Arlington County. We are unable to provide drive by celebrations on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall or within the City of Falls Church.
- All drive by celebrations will be contactless events. We are happy to stop so that you can take a photograph, but we need to maintain social distancing for the safety of your family and our personnel. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer tours of our fire truck, give out fire helmets to children, demonstrate equipment, or otherwise be in close contact with people during these drive by events.
- Emergency calls have precedence and may prevent us from conducting a scheduled drive by celebration with no prior notice. Our first duty is to protect life and property in Arlington. Unfortunately, emergencies can happen at any time and we may not be able to provide you with prior notice if we are called away. Should we receive an emergency call and be unable to conduct a scheduled drive by celebration, we will be happy to work with you to reschedule for another time.
- We are happy to provide drive by celebrations as a free service to the people of Arlington. However, like many charitable organizations, our fundraising has been disrupted by current events. If your present circumstances are such that you are able to make a donation, we would be grateful.